**NEW** Variable Data Programmer
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2023
Franklin is a full-service direct marketing company with production facilities in Baton Rouge and Memphis. We specialize in data-driven direct mail for a wide array of nationwide business markets including gaming, banking, entertainment, retail, consumer, and nonprofit. We continually invest in the newest technology to stay on the cutting edge of our industry. We are a privately-owned, certified Women's Business Enterprise that has been in business for 100 years. Take a look at our website to see what we have going on at www.gofranklingo.com.
As a Variable Data Programmer, you will be creating variable direct mail and print solutions for our clients. Data and art assets are standardized, merged using industry-specific and internally developed software, presented to the client for approval, and then moved into production. Attention to detail is everything. You will be expected to identify potential issues with the supplied assets and production solution provided.
If you like solving data puzzles, this is the position for you. We possess vast knowledge as a team and training is always ongoing as we find better ways to do things. Our continuous process improvement and automation efforts are backed up by our development team.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Handling direct mail projects from receipt of data and art to output of production files.
- Data manipulation, data reporting, and variable data layout.
- Identifying and correcting issues with customer-supplied data and art.
- Contributing to workflow and project automation.
- Working with other programmers to move work through the department into production.
- Communicating with clients about their projects through proofing.
- Following quality control checklists and procedures.
- Communicating with supervisor regarding job status and working on projects according to a designated priority order.
Reports to Manager of Data Processing.
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Ability to document your work for others to follow.
- High-level analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Time management discipline.
- Adobe Creative Suite/graphic design/advanced PDF experience.
- Variable data layout/mail merge/prepress experience.
- Database/FoxPro/SQL/SQLite experience.
- Experience in Quadient Inspire Designer(GMC Printnet)/XMPie (or equivalent).
- Experience in BCC Mail Manager/Accuzip (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of postal regulations and guidelines.
Work Environment: You will have your own office with a door. You will be at your desk most of the day. Normal business days and hours. M-F, flexible in/out times. This is a full-time, hourly position.
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Seven paid holidays per year
Background, credit, and drug testing required.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8-hour shift
Work Location: In person