Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Begin a NEW CAREER with a GREAT company!
For our Estimating & Planning position, we are looking for someone with a true problem-solving talent who is able to think outside the box and independently develop the most efficient way to produce a product based on given machine capabilities, rather than following a list of procedures. This person is hard to find....is it you?
Duties of this Position:
- Determine best way to produce customer projects.
- Estimate cost of jobs and send quotes to customer on a timely basis, offering options where sensible for maximum efficiency, quality, and to exceed customer expectations.
- Plan awarded jobs to run most efficiently through production.
- Create purchase orders and place timely orders for paper and other materials required to complete the jobs.
- Communicate regularly with Pressroom supervisor to ensure just-in-time delivery of special order paper.
- Maintain sufficient, but not excessive, inventory levels of stocked papers in an environment with very limited space (it is a delicate balance!).
- Work with Shipping department to receive ordered materials and ensure accuracy of deliveries.
- Work with vendors to solve problems that may arise and manage quality of product.
- Communicate with production to monitor quality of purchased materials throughout the production process.
- Communicate regularly with Project Managers regarding availability of raw materials required to complete jobs successfully and on time.
- Complete monthly and annual paper inventory reports for Controller.
- Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Requirements of this Position:
- Printing, Direct Mail, Mathematics, and/or Financial background preferred, but willing to teach the right person.
- Excellent problem-solving, logic and analytical skills required.
- Willingness and initiative to grow, gradually taking on new and more complex work.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication with both our external customers and internal customers (sales staff, customer service, production staff, management, etc.).
- Desire for a long-term career. This position does not lend itself to being a "stepping stone" or short-term position due to the 6 - 12 month training period.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task required, as well as the ability to work with frequent distractions.
- Must be able to work quickly AND accurately, without sacrificing one for the other.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Must have the ability and initiative to independently get things done without continuous guidance.
- Must thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment with the goal of an average 2-hour estimate turn time.
- Must be able to score highly on an aptitude test as part of the interview process.
- Must have previous employment experience and references.
- Relocation assistance may be considered for the right candidate.
Pay is dependent on experience.
Not getting enough hours? GUARANTEED 40 HOURS WEEKLY. Applicants must be able to work at least 40 hours per week. This is not a part-time position. This is not a remote position.
Drug testing & background check required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8-hour shift
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person