Variable Data Print Programmer (Baton Rouge)
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017
Franklin is seeking a highly driven individual to add to our data team. This is a full-time, hourly-rate position with overtime available.
This is not a data entry position. Complex sets of multiple data types will be manipulated into variable layouts using industry specific and internally developed software. Attention to detail is critical even under pressure with deadlines approaching. You will work with other programmers, developers, project managers and production staff to create targeted direct mail projects for our clients.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Handling direct mail projects from receipt of data and art, to output of production files.
- Data manipulation including relation/merge/suppression, USPS data hygiene(CASS/NCOA/DEDUPE/etc), data reporting and variable data layout.
- Identifying and correcting, or predicting and preventing issues with customer supplied data/art, or the project as it moves through production.
- Contributing to workflow and project automation.
- The ability to handle complex variable data matrices and layouts including couponing and versioning.
- Working in a team environment with other programmers to move work through the department as accurately and efficiently as possible, while meeting our customers’ demanding delivery dates.
- Finding the lowest possible postage rates for our customers.
- Willingness and initiative to grow, taking on new and more complex work.
- Excellent communication with both our customers and internal customers (sales staff, customer service, production staff, etc.).
- Communicating directly with customers regarding all aspects of project.
- Following QC checklists and procedures.
- Working overtime as needed.
- Communicating regularly with supervisor regarding job status and working on projects according to a designated priority order.
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to handle multiple ongoing projects while communicating back and forth with clients.
- Ability to document your work thoroughly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Graphic design/Adobe CC/PDF experience is a plus.
- Prior mail processing and variable data layout experience is preferred, but will train the right person.
- Experience in GMC Inspire Designer/Printnet (or equivalent) is preferred, but will train the right person.
- Experience in BCC Mail Manager (or equivalent) is preferred, but will train the right person.
- Must have the ability and initiative to get things done without waiting for work to be handed to you.
- Must thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment; you will be working on many short, quick-turn direct mail projects, not long-term programming projects.
Applicants must be able to work at least 40 hours per week. This is not a part time position.
Drug testing & background check required.